FIFA has been regulating the activity of players' agent since 1991.At the time anyone wishing to become an agent was required to have a personal interview of his or her relevant football association before FIFA would issue the licence.In addition,a bank guarantee of 200,00 Swiss Fracs was required to be lodged with FIFA by the successful applicant.
| PLAYERS'AGENT:Jazzman |
Nothing but trouble with the players' agents.The regulations in place today have tried to define the requirements to become a players' agent and monitor relevant professional competence.FIFA has also limited the period of validity of the players' agents licence and attempted to promote reasonable players' agents' fees,whilst trying to restrict the activities of unlicensed players' agent.
- Application of regulations to players and clubs that engage the services of intermediaries
- Intermediaries having no links to FIFA
- Written contracts between intermediaries and clubs/players
- Conflict of interest
- A registration system for intermediaries(implemented by the member associations and through information provided by their affiliate clubs and/or registered players)
- Non payment of commission to intermediaries if player is a minor
- Invalidation of current FIFA Players' Agent Regulations.
|TOP AGENT:Tim Suzuki.|
Do you think players' agents are treating players well as their representatives?